This week was a very productive week for me. I checked off quite a few things that needed doing like UI, lighting and particles. There wasn't an aspect of this that I didn't enjoy doing even revisiting lighting and that run cycle for the thousandth time and I'm happy with the quality of the product and progress we've made so far.
For UI I largely based this of of Connors Boss health bar and created assets for the in game UI like menu screens and buttons for the player to navigate through. This was a great test to see if I could match another persons art style in 2D. Creating the UI wasn't as time consuming as I thought it would be: it consisted of a lot of straight lines and having Connor's health bar as reference helped guide me a lot. I needed to make 2 versions of most things, one that appears normal and another that glows when hovered over.